Our IV suite is comfortable, relaxed, environment. We strive to make it feel like your own living room.
Intravenous therapy (IV therapy) has been offered at Greenhouse Naturopathic Medicine since it opened in 2007. Our IV suite is a comfortable, home-like environment staffed by Dr. Julia Greenspan and Dr. Destiny Green. With those who carry Harvard Pilgrim, Aetna, Cigna, and select Anthem a patient may only require a co-pay to receive IV medications. All IV’s are prepared by compounding pharmacies under sterile conditions for patient safety.
Other services offered are first dosing of antibiotics, bandage changes for PICC lines, and PORT access. We function as an IV suite to current patients of the practice. We do accept referrals for intravenous nutrient therapy with a formal script from the current medical provider and an initial meeting with our staff to assess your needs.
Common IV’s available include:
- High Dose Vitamin C. Used as a treatment to support the immune system with cancer, Lyme disease, detoxification, and generalized immune support. High dose vitamin C increases the bodies natural oxygen levels to fight infections of all types. This is different from oral doses of vitamin C which may be at 2000mg for anti-oxidant support with anti-aging. High dose vitamin C typically goes as high as 50,0000mg to 60,000mg in the vein. These doses would not be absorbed orally.
- Heavy Metal Chelation. We use EDTA to remove deposited heavy metals like lead and mercury in the system that have been ingested with food, water, and dust particles in the air. Once the metals enter the body they are stored in tissue, especially fats cells and muscle. EDTA attaches to metals in the body and quickly carries them out through natural elimination pathways. Removal of the metals benefits the immune system, improves energy levels, reduces fatty plaques that build in arteries, and allow the body processes to work more efficiently. The patient is monitored and going under chelation with medical supervision. Please do not attempt to buy products like DMSA, EDTA, or other chelating agents without working with a trained medical professional.
- Glutathione is created by the liver and given in IV form to enhance detoxification and immunity as a powerful antioxidant. Over time with repeated exposure to toxins and illness the bodies ability to make this at healthy levels declines. the most effective way to ingest glutathione is through intravenous route or nebulized into the lungs.
- Meyers Cocktail is a vitamin combination helpful with immune enhancement with common acute viral infections like the flu or mononucleosis. It is also helpful for vitamin replacement with gastrointestinal disorders like IBS, gluten intolerance and parasite infection. It can be an excellent way to replace nutrients while in recovery or build up vitamin stores.
- Fluid Replacement is offered as a supportive therapy when there is severe dehydration during gastrointestinal illnesses leading to loss of fluids such as stomach flu, gastroparesis, and hyperemesis graviderum with pregnancy. We also offer parenteral nutrient replacement with IV proteins and electrolytes for instances when needed in acute crisis with pancreatitis, cancer, and other disease states when appropriate. This is typically meant as a short-term therapy until a physical cause is corrected with other medical interventions or with natural healing time.
- B12 Shots dosed in-house for those with a deficiency as needed. These are intramuscular shots.
Common Reasons to Have IV Therapy
- Enhance Immunity
- Cancer Support
- Heavy metal chelation
- vitamin and Mineral support
- antimicrobial effects
Common Conditions Treated with IV therapy:
- Lyme disease
- Chronic Fatigue
- Cancer support
- elevated heavy metals
- ulcerative colitis
- celiac disease