- Protecting oneself from tick attachment is the top priority
- Top rated spray with Consumer Reports, Sawyer insect Repellent with Picardin 20%.
- Treat clothing that will last 70 washes or more with Insectshield.com. Send your own clothing directly to them for treatment.
- Treat your yard ideally with organic products, ask vendors if pollinator friendly before using. Organic products like Mosquito Barrier are very effective.
- Use tweezers as close to the skin as possible and remove in one swift assertive motion.
- Do not apply irritants to the embedded tick such as alcohol, garlic, essential oils, kerosine etc. This will increase transmission of infection.
- SAVE IT! Place tick, dead or alive alone in a baggie. DO NOT drown the tick in alcohol.
- Send the tick directly to tickreport.com. There is important information in the bug that could make your treatment targeted at specific infections to make it more effective
- There is usually a turn around time of three business days once the tick is received.
- At Greenhouse Naturopathic Medicine we treat tick bites with antibiotics, homeopathic remedies, herbal medications and probiotics.
- We treat people of all ages
- If the tick is tested and found to be negative for carrying disease medication is stopped.
- If tick is not sent out, treatment is recommended for at least four weeks duration to avoid chronic tick borne infections
Treatment is based on standards set by International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)